- Easier to deploy than fiber
- Uses license-free spectrum
- No need to deploy towers, dig trenches or connect cables
- 5 Mbps or less: Basic web surfing and email
- 5-10 Mbps: Web surfing, email, occasional streaming and online gaming with few connected devices
- 10-25 Mbps: Moderate HD streaming, online gaming and downloading with a moderate number of connected devices
- 25-40 Mbps: Heavy HD streaming, online gaming and downloading with a lot of connected devices
- 40+ Mbps: Hardcore streaming, gaming, and downloading with an extreme number of connected devices.
The fundamental point is that we now are in a phase of development where end user need does not drive bandwidth growth. Suppliers and apps are pushing the trends.