- This is an official update so you won't loose any data. But having a backup is must because we may need to reset the device after the update. So, it is a wise decision to backup your entire data stored on your phone.
- Remove SDcard and keep it at a safe place.
- If your device is rooted then remember that after applying the official update the root access will be revoked and custom recovery will be replaced by stock recovery.
- This tutorial is only meant for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T. Do not apply this tutorial on any other phone.
- Enable 'USB Debugging' in 'Developer Options' settings.
- Remove any Google account associated with the phone. Go to 'Settings>Account'. From here remove all accounts. You will be asked to enter your pin, password or pattern before removing the Google account.
Warning: Never hard reset your phone when there exists a Google account on your phone. If you hard reset your Note 4 then it will be locked for 3 days and can be only unlocked with your previously synced Google account but after 3 days. Before following this tutorial please read about http://hibbydabby.blogspot.com /2015/12/what-is-factory-reset-protection-google-72-hour-lockout-android-lollipop.html" target="_blank">Factory Reset Protection.
- Samsung USB Drivers.
- Odin v3.11
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM N910TUVU2EPE3 for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 - Download
Update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T To Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers.
- Download the Galaxy Note 4 ROM and extract the file on desktop.
- The file has an extension like tar.md5 and has a size of 1.5 GB. Do not rename this file otherwise it will become invalid in odin.
- Also download odin and extract the exe file on desktop.
- Switch off your phone and boot in to download mode by pressing 'power', 'home' and 'volume down' button at same time.
- Release the buttons when the phone vibrates.
- Press the volume up button when a warning sign appears on the screen.
- Open odin.exe and connect the phone to PC via a USB cable.
- On connecting it will display "<ID:0/004>Added". The field under "ID:COM" will turn blue.
- This indicates that your phone is ready for an update.
- Now click the 'Options' tab and check only 'Auto Reboot' and 'F. Reset Time' are checked and all other options should be unchecked.
- Now click the 'AP' button and get the update file having tar.md5 extension.
- Wait until odin finishes some checks.
- When you see these messages in the 'Log' tab "<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully" and "<OSM> Leave CS". Then click the 'Start' button to start the update process.
- The updating process will take few minutes.
- A message will be displayed as 'PASS' in odin when the update process completes.
- Now disconnect the phone and switch it ON.
- Your phone may take longer to boot to home screen.
- Finally when you see the home screen you can add a Google account and a fingerprint to take control of your phone.
You have successfully updated your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T to official android 6.0.1 Marshmallow N910TUVU2EPE3 OS.