If you use this app mostly on your phone then you may not be aware of that recently WhatsApp standalone desktop application was released for the Windows 8 64-bit and 32-bit PC/Computer. This can be installed on Windows 10 also. It is also available for MAC OSX Mavericks v10.9 or higher. The developers have not developed any standalone application for the Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and 32-bit PC.
But there's a good news as the standalone application for Windows 8 works on Windows 7 64-bit too. All you have to do is to download and install it on your PC or laptop or notebook.
How Does The WhatsApp Windows 7 App WorksThe standalone application is an implementation of the whatsapp web app in which you no longer need to use the browser. To make it work you need to scan the QR code from your WhatsApp on your smartphone.
How To Install WhatsApp On Windows 7 64-bit And 32-bit PC
- Download the application for Windows 8 64-bit or 32-bit according to your desktop computer's OS architecture. It will work on Windows 7 too.
- Open the file to install it. Wait for few seconds.
- After installation a windows will open automatically showing the random QR codes.
- Make sure that your desktop and smartphone should be connected to internet.
- Now on your smartphone open WhatsApp and go to "Menu>WhatsApp Web".
- A QR scanner will open.
- From your smartphone scan the QR code that is appearing on your computer's screen.
- The WhatsApp desktop application will be activated and you can chat, share files from the computer's hard disk.
- To logout from the app just click the three dots on the top left corner next to a plus sign and click 'Log Out'.
Note: Your phone should be connected to network if you want to use the app on Windows 7.
If you liked the article please share it.