Now in the version 2.16.4 WhatsApp has given text formatting features. We can now highlight a word, text or paragraph in bold, italics and strike through styles. However you will not see any specialized options for text formatting. But you can do this by using several symbols. You can either format your entire message or just some words. It is also possible to use the combination of these formatting symbols.
How To Use Bold, Italics And Strikethrough In WhatsAppTo use the formatting please follow the steps below. You can also highlight words in WhatsApp with this tutorial.
- For Bold: To send a text message in bold just type it between two asterisk. Like this *my message*.
- For Italics: To send a text message in Italics just type it between two tilde. Like this ~my message~.
- For Strikethrough: To send a text message in Italics just type it between two underscores. Like this _my message_.
How To Use Formatting Combinations In WhatsAppYou can use formatting combinations in WhatsApp. You can send a message that is bold, italics and strike through. Lets see all the possible combinations.
- Bold, Italics and Strikethrough: Just type this following ~*_Your Message_*~. The order of the symbols doesn't matter. It will send your message as
- Bold and Italics Only: Type ~*Your Message*~. Your message will be sent as Your Message.
- Bold and Strikethrough: Type _*Some Text*_. The result will be
- Italics and Strikethrough: Type _~Some Text~_. The message will be sent as