So I wrote a tool that basically does the same thing, just make things easier.
This method should work on any LG G3 official firmware (4.x.x / 5.x.x), and on other models too.
Please leave your feedback if it worked for you, and indicate whether you used the graphical user interface or the old script.
And if it's didn't worked, please attach here the log from the window.
- I saw a lot of questions of G3 users about how to install Twrp after the root, so I will explain briefly:
For now, if you are on stock lollipop you can't just flash Twrp via flashify etc like the old days in KitKat, but you can follow this guide over here.
- After the root, if you want for some reason (warranty etc) to unroot the phone, all you need to do is a full unroot from the SuperSU settings.
I don't know if this is enough to get OTA updates back, I'm still waiting for somebody else to answer this question. so please don't ask me about this any more because I really don't know the answer.
- LG G3 (all variants)
- LG G3 Beat
- LG G2
- LG G2 Mini
- LG G Pro 2
- LG G Pad
- LG F60
- LG L90
- LG Tribute
- LG Spirit
- LG Volt
- LG G Vista
LG One Click Root 1.3 (Graphic UI)
LG One Click Root 1.2 (The old script method - try this if the Graphic UI vaersion didn't work)
LG Verizon drivers
- Install LG drivers if they are not installed yet.
- Download the LG One Click Root file above and extract to some folder. (double click on the 7z exe file)
- Enable Usb debugging on your phone. (Go to Settings > General > About phone > Software information, tap Build number seven times and then go to Settings > Developer options and turn on Usb debugging)
- Connect your phone to pc.
- If you are using the GUI version just run the LG One Click Root installer, or if you are using the script then double click on the LG Root Script.bat file, to run the script.
- Follow the instructions.
- If the phone not recognize, try to switch between MTP and PTP options.
- If you got "MSVCR100.dll is missing" error, install Visual C++ Redistributable.
(64 bit users, also install this file and not the 64bit version)