With Quick connect, you can connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 and share contents with other nearby devices. This feature works by searching for nearby devices and then share your screen, send photos, music, videos and other files.
Quick connect will also use other phone features including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi Direct or Screen mirroring based on the type of content being shared and whether the other device has Quick connect installed.
To let other devices see your phone and send sharing requests, Quick connect has to be enabled or turned on first.
Share Files via Quick Connect
You can access Quick connect from any menu or application. Here's how:
1. Swipe your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom, to launch or open the Notification Panel.
2. Touch Quick connect to continue.
3. Select whether you want your phone to be Always visible or Only when Quick connect turned on.
4. Next, touch Turn on Quick Connect to enable the feature.
5. When enabled, a list of nearby devices will be displayed. Touch the device you want to connect to.
Note: Content sharing options may vary depending on the type of available devices nearby.
6. Touch any of the sharing options you want. For example, if you want to send a contact or other content to a nearby device like Samsung Galaxy S5 for example, touch Share content. After that, all content sharing options will become available for the connection type shown.
7. Touch the type of content or file you want to share, for example Contacts.
8. Mark the checkbox next to the contact name you want to share and then touch Done to proceed.
9. The device you are sharing with will then be prompted or asked to Accept or Decline the files.
10. Once the files have been accepted and downloaded, they can now be accessed from the application in which they are used like the Contacts application.
Alternately, you can access these files through the Notification Panel by swiping down the top of the screen.
Sharing Contents you are Viewing
The quickest way to share content is while it is already open on your screen. Here's how:
1. Open the content you want to share on your Galaxy S6 device, like a photo, video, music, etc.
2. Open the Notification Panel by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom, to access Quick connect.
3. Touch Quick Connect.
4. Touch the device name you want to connect to.
5. Touch the option to Share selected content.
6. The device you are sharing with will then be prompted to Accept or Decline the content.
7. Once the files have been accepted or downloaded, you can now accessed these files from the application in which they are used like the Contacts application.
Another way to access these files is through the Notification Panel. Just swipe your finger down from the top of the screen.
How to find a Nearby Device
In case the device you want to connect does not show up automatically in the list of nearby devices, here's what you can do:
1. Ensure the device you want to connect to is turned on and the screen is active or awake.
2. View the Notification Panel and ensure Quick connect is turned on or enabled.
3. Make Bluetooth feature is turned on or enabled on the device you are connecting to. Also ensure the Bluetooth visibility is set to be visible to all nearby devices.
4. Ensure both devices are using the same or on the same Wi-Fi network.
That should do it!