According to a report by the FBI, in the year 2013 there have been 262,813 major registered complaints against cyber crime which have led to a combined loss of $781,841,611. The top five countries ranked by the number of complaints received by IC3 in 2013 are:
- United States
- United kingdom
Everybody connecting to the internet is unknowingly opening a wide door into their life. It is not necessary that you should be a tech savvy to keep yourself protected from cyber crime. Every user on the internet can be safe just by being a little careful about what they are doing. If you know what you are doing, you will be 80% safe. To achieve the other 20% safety, you need to keep a guard at the door we talked about. A strict guard who is smart enough to judge who to allow and who not to and not bug you every time for permission. This guard is no one but the anti-virus. And what better than a free security guard?
Microsoft has come up with a free antivirus called ' http://hibbydabby.blogspot.com /2013/05/teckguide-recommends-microsoft-security.html" target="_blank">Microsoft security essentials' which is better than many paid antiviruses. This will not only act as a security guard, but it also patrols you computer like a police officer. Yes, it also scans your computer every now and then to remove potential threats. The scanning is of different types:
- Quick scan
- Full scan
- Custom scan
Also see: http://hibbydabby.blogspot.com /2013/05/how-to-improve-speed-and-performance-of.html" target="_blank">How to optimize the speed and performance of your computer.
In spite of it being free, they regularly update it. But it's not like the regular windows update which we all hate the most. It will automatically get updated and you will barely feel it. Even though it gives you a choice for manual updating, I recommend you set it on auto update. Because it is very important that your antivirus has the latest intel over http://hibbydabby.blogspot.com /2013/07/beware-beebone-pc-virus-on-prowl.html" target="_blank"> new viruses that are growing every day.
It also has a very user-friendly user interface. Even a little kid can use it. Although you won't need to use its interface a lot. It takes care of everything on its own. It's almost "install and forget". It keeps the intel it gathers about all the threats it encounters. So that in the future it may not waste time on a similar threat.
One of the http://hibbydabby.blogspot.com /2014/07/windows-special-feature-permanently.html" target="_blank">amazing features is that it doesn't have to be kept open while it is scanning your computer. It runs in the background. But it does not slow down the other applications you are using. To sum it up, Microsoft security essentials is the best free antivirus I can think of. Who doesn't love free stuff? and that too something that can keep you safe. You won't have to go through the trouble of renewing it every year. That's all about Microsoft security essentials. Hope you like it and benefit the most out of it.
For windows 7 (32 bit): download
For windows 7 (64 bit): download